The babies are getting much easier to handle and we have a pretty good routine going. They are very sweet babies and they get more fun every day. I just told my friend this week that God makes babies learn to smile at just the right time. Just a couple weeks ago when I was about to lose my mind and run away from home, they both cracked smiles and I decided to stay :-)
We have their 2 month check up tomorrow and I think they both weigh around 11-12 pounds, yay! They have lots of chins and no visible necks. Their rolls get cuter by the day.
We are really starting to see their personalities come out. Ellen is the new Betsy in town, seriously wired and full of crazy facial expressions, but unlike Betsy, she randomly falls asleep everywhere , which is amazing. Jane is very sensitive and cuddly. She's one of those babies that is just happy staring at the lights, or a good ceiling fan.
I can't wait for them to discover each other and start playing together. I'm starting to think this twin thing could turn out to be pretty fun :-)
Our lives are a little more chaotic, our house a little more messy and our general surroundings a little more pink, but it's amazing and I couldn't do it without the one man in the house who is there to fold hundreds of tiny girl clothes and wear princess band aids on his manly wounds, all without a complaint.
(I can't believe I'm posting this picture with the disastrous mess and all the unfinished decorating details left in this new room. I WILL get the top of that cabinet accessorized properly someday in 2013, maybe...)
In other news, Betsy visited a very important person in her life yesterday. She asked for a new bath tub, babies and candy. Hmmm, okay.
We wish you all a Merry Christmas!!
We are off to Minnesota and Jackson Hole for Christmas and New Years, can't wait to see how that goes!! The look on the face of the people sitting next to us on those flights will be priceless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment