Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Three Months...

I don't know what it is about the three month mark, but it is this magical time when our babies seem to perk up and decide they are happy to be alive.

I have spent the past three months in awe of the true miracle it is to have two healthy babies.  There has been a lot of stress and I have had a lot of people tell me lately that I seem to be "looking and doing much better". HA! I guess it was obvious to everyone that I was living in a black hole for a minute there.

Besides comments on how my mental and physical state seem to be improving, I also get a lot of questions about how two are different than one. Really answering that would make for a very long and confusing post, but I can say I am starting to struggle with feeling like I don't give them each as much attention as I would if they were just an individual baby, sans the other one. I constantly wonder if I tickle and talk to each of them enough or if I hold one more than the other. But then I see things like this...


...and I realize they will save each other from my inadequacies. So I'm off the hook!

Some fun facts about Ellen and Jane:

-They both weigh almost 13 pounds and started wearing size 2 diapers yesterday. Betsy (who wears a diaper again because having twin sisters really messes with a girl) wears a 4, with some room to spare.
-They love baths and the mirror on their play gym.
-Jane has been voted "Most Likely to Get Her Feelings Hurt at Recess"
-Ellen has been voted "Most Likely to Puke All Over the Party"
-They are close to sleeping 12 hours (per their 2013 resolution). They are hitting 9-10 right now. Yay!
-They sleep in separate cribs and they do sleep through each other's crying, which still shocks me.
-Jane is sensitive and cuddly. She does not like to hold her head up. Her cries sound like a kitten's.
-Ellen is smiley and alert. She always wakes up first and SCREAMS.SO.LOUDLY.DYING.TO.EAT













And then we have this little lady. The leader of our pack (and all other packs as far as she is concerned). She LOVES the babies and although she does a lot of things I don't care for lately, I'm so grateful for that.





HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT LIZ!!! I heard 26 is an awesome age to have a baby ;-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment