Thursday, September 23, 2010

Betsy Gets the Heck Out of Dodge...

...again.

It's true, we have been gone A LOT since Betsy was born. I have been trying to get more involved here, but I just can't pass up an opportunity to get away for a few days.

We were back to Denver this week to see Aunt Gretchen and Uncle Lee, visit Green Acres (where I used to teach) and play with our favorite Fort Morgan residents. We picked out some darling 0-3 month fall clothing, yes that's correct, 0-3 month, Betsy got mobbed by a lunchroom full of 2nd graders and we enjoyed every minute of it all :-)

I was a terrible mother on the picture taking front...I only have a few from my phone... (let's just be honest, they look the same as the pictures I take with my "good" camera)


Spending some quality time on the airport floor. Betsy is going to have an immune system of steel.


After a great three days of basking in Colorado's gorgeous weather, we returned to good ol' Kansas in the middle of a torrential downpour and yup, you guessed it, straight line winds!! After making friends with the sweetest woman from our flight, who works for Cargill, I decided to leave my baby and luggage with her (don't judge, she works for CARGILL, she must be a good person) and ran to the car. The sheets of sideways blowing rain really brought out the curl in my hair.

Needless to say, Betsy was alive and well when I got back to the terminal and we enjoyed a wonderful ride back to the middle of nowhere going 40 in a 65. Welcome home!!


This is unrelated to our trip, but I did receive it while we were there. If you have an iPhone, I encourage you to download this app, known quite tastefully as "Fat Booth", which as "Uncle" Lowell would say was "The best dollar I have ever spent". I am sure Betsy is going to require years of therapy after she grows up and finds out I submitted a picture of her, at 4 months old, to the "Fat Booth" to be morphed, but until then I am going to laugh at this, alot.

1 comment:

  1. please - more photos like this one of you. Although I will say it's totally inappropriate for you to glamorize your life like this!

    ReplyDelete