Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Betsy's Mom is Such a Sap...
Although we are years away from the first day of school, Betsy and I got up this morning to go to our first day of MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) and it was my first time leaving Betsy with strangers. Throughout the meeting there were moms getting called back to the nursery because their child was upset and I kept waiting for a tap on my shoulder, but oh no, Miss Betsy took a nap without fussing, played in the swing and cuddled (three things she rarely, if ever, does at our house) and required none of my assistance in the process. I am embarrassed to admit I was almost disappointed she didn't need me. Although I loved chatting with and learning from other moms, I missed my baby and spent most of the session thinking about how fast she is growing up and that it's crazy how much I love her. If I managed to feel this emotional over a two hour stint in the nursery, I can't even imagine what I am going to be acting like when she leaves me for an 8 hour day of school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
precious...it is the first week of school here in MN you know. So this will be what is going on 5 years from now. :) (maybe even in MN?) I can't wait to see what she grows up to be like. AND by the way she is a great baby. I can't remember a single time that I thought she was a fussy or high maintenance baby. She is great and has an awesome personality!
ReplyDelete