Sunday, November 27, 2011

What happened to November???

I seems like I just blinked and the month is already over. Here is a re-cap...

Betsy is such a little person now. There is nothing baby-ish about her. She talks, runs, uses a fork and gets in trouble. She jumped to the 25 percentile in height and weight. I can hardly keep up with our little darling anymore.

While Betsy was busy growing bigger and smarter, we also had a little snow, a visit from grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, celebrated 4 years of marriage, hosted our first Thanksgiving and celebrated an early Christmas.

The first snow of the year was so pretty. Big flakes. No wind or ice. Miss Viking loved it.
Photobucket


Photobucket


In anticipation of hosting Thanksgiving for the first time, I thought it would be wise to get some things done ahead of time. Who doesn't want to spend a Saturday night baking??

(These pictures are for you Grandma, I tried to do your recipes justice!)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Betsy loved having family stay with us. She was constantly into something, especially things that belonged to her cousins Santana or Coco. She loved every second of attention and is going to miss everyone a lot!!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


As for Thanksgiving dinner itself, the turkey was awesome, nobody was poisoned, we didn't have to go to McDonald's and I didn't even use my secret stash of instant gravy packets. What's up now Thanksgiving???

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The pecan pie's crust got a little crazy on me...but I ate three pieces to make sure it still tasted good and I think it was fine!
Photobucket


Even the harshest critic of my cooking ate a little, although reluctantly and without much enthusiasm.
Photobucket


Miss B.'s attitude perked up quite a bit when the food was cleared and she got to color on the table.
Photobucket


Once we got through Thanksgiving, we jumped into the Christmas spirit and celebrated an early Christmas with Brett's family and even squeezed in a trip to see Santa. I am pretty sure he is going to skip our house this year.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Grandma Ruthi brought Brett's childhood tree that he used to have in his bedroom. It has the cutest little "Brett" ornaments and Betsy loved it.
Photobucket


Betsy was constantly attacking poor Santana's beautiful curls with her new hairbrush.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Trying on Daddy's new Carhart coverall's. He enjoyed an Elmer Fudd themed Christmas.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


On a final note, this is the vehicle that the Bohlanders drove out to Dodge City in. We could not help but notice it kind of resembled an RV...as in Uncle Eddie's RV in "Christmas Vacation"...which got us thinking that we couldn't let this thing leave without getting a picture of "Uncle Eddie" emptying the #*@%er, because of course, it was full :-)

Photobucket


Photobucket


(Thanks Uncle Rob for being such a good sport! Hope you at least enjoyed the cigar!)

No comments:

Post a Comment