Friday, December 23, 2011

Let it Snow...

*If you have already read this, sorry for the mistakes, I just fixed them. Note to self, never blog in a hurry*

Christmas Eve is tomorrow and we have beautiful, white snow on the ground!! What a perfect way to begin our first Christmas as a little family of three, no Grandmas or Grandpas, cousins, aunts or uncles. It is weird, and kind of sad, but it's also really special and we are excited to start some traditions of our own.

Luckily we spent last week taking a tour of the brown and nasty midwest to visit our families in Minneapolis and Indiana, so we got to celebrate with them ahead of time.

Betsy woke up so happy to see all the snow when we got home from our trip.

Photobucket


Still happy, but back to her usual expression...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Before we left for our trip last week, we had the pleasure of visiting the local nursing homes to sing and hand out candy canes. Newborn to 3 year old children are the best accompaniment for this because they were totally oblivious to the fact that some of their audience members have definitely seen better days.

I really hope the sound of tiny voices singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" cheered them up and helped at least that day go a little faster. I'm sure the little candy canes we handed out that Betsy first bit into and licked also helped!

Photobucket


Photobucket


The first stop on our Tour De Midwest was Wayzata to see Nana and Grandpa. Brett had a conference at Cargill headquarters, so Betsy and I decided to tag along.

The minute we arrived Betsy got gifts that she continued to play with every second we were there. First was a car. Every 1 year old needs a Mercedes. Too bad it will be her last. I hope they have parking for pedal cars in her high school parking lot.
Photobucket


Next was a look alike Bitty Baby from Aunt Liz. Betsy named the baby "Tate". I think we need to work on the names of our female friends, no offense Tate.
Photobucket


It's kind of a wonder where she got this move. Actually it really isn't, since her Dad used about 10 of his 1,500 minutes last month. I guess I'll take the blame, but in my defense, I am really good at it and if I look anything like this, at least I look AWESOME. Oh my.
Photobucket


As usual, toys don't hold a candle to really fun things like a dirty dog bed.
Photobucket


Poor Cullen. He's always happy to see Betsy go.
Photobucket


Next stop on the tour was Cambridge City to celebrate Betsy's Great-Grandma Bohlander's 80th birthday. Brett's mom put together an amazing party and we think over 300 people were there. We had lots of tricks up our sleeves and Great-Grandma Bohlander seemed to have a great time.

Photobucket


Ruthi had Grandma Bohlander's wedding dress displayed along with her and Grandpa Bohlander's original wedding photo. They were married October 14, 1951 and she made her wedding dress herself.
Photobucket


Before we headed home we had a fun day with Brett's mom's side of the family celebrating Christmas, eating and playing a lovely little game called "Screw Your Neighbor", which I won. Merry Christmas to me!

Enjoying some cousin time.
Photobucket


Betsy hit the baby jackpot and got some darling accessories for her little bundles of joy.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Santana was loving her new baby toys too.
Photobucket


Then it was time to fight over each other's baby stuff.
Photobucket


We hope you all have a very merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment