My poor babycakes has never been sick but in her 21st month of life the flu decided to take her down. She woke up crying and screaming, she felt like she was on fire and then I had to search for the thermometer we have never used. Found a 102 fever and then came the vomit. She puked and then literally screamed like she was being chased by an ax murderer. This is another situation I haven't dealt with and in a panic I picked her up, ran to the bathroom and held her over the toilet, to which she screamed some more and kept yelling "no potty!!", as if I was going to put her in the toilet. Poor girl let it all come up and then fell asleep for the rest of the night and was fine the next day. So I guess I can't complain too much.
Middle of the night puke laundry. Thank goodness for OxiClean.

She woke up (in a onsie she ended up in after 2 wee hour clothes changes) happy as a clam, ate two waffles and played the day away.

The next gross incident this week was not caused by illness, but rather by negligence. I was getting ready for the day, Betsy was "helping" me out and somehow she snuck a jar of concealer into her bedroom. I heard her in there playing at her vanity and thought how sweet and independent she is. Then Miss B walks by the bathroom door and smiles at me with skin colored lips and I knew the quiet play was too good to be true, it always is!! I followed the trail of concealer to her bedroom, where she had smeared it on her vanity, crib, bookshelf and even bed sheets inside a drawer she opened. Ahh! Now I know why that concealer works so well, it's as thick as lard and about as easy to clean up. Nasty. How guilty is this child???

On a less yucky note, I am so behind on sharing about our little Christmas as a family of three. We stayed here and had a very low key holiday. We got to go to our church on Christmas Eve and wake up in our own beds Christmas morning. It was nice but still a little strange without other family around.
We kicked off Christmas Eve by watching a Barney Christmas special, it was lovely.

My new holiday home away from home, the kitchen.

We decided that on Christmas Eve we will open gifts from friends and family, then Christmas Day open Santa gifts and gifts from me to Brett and Brett to me. Betsy LOVED her finger puppets from Ty and Tate and you better" be-lieb" I LOVED the Justin Bieber collector cards I got from their mom Janie :-)



Thank you Great Grandma Page for the books, we had to read this one right away. The purse came along to the Christmas Eve service at church, of course!


Another tradition, singing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus, or as Betsy sings "Happy, Happy, Happpppy!!!", not so much the birthday part.

Christmas morning.


We got this from Brett's parents and Poor Jack is even on the board!!


Cheese!


Happy 2012 everyone!! May it be a blessed year for you all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment