We were in the middle of a blizzard, had a house with no connected utilities and our moving truck was stuck in the snow. We moved the week of the Superbowl, when the Colts were playing, and we had nobody to celebrate with. And to boot, I was the size of a small SUV.
We have come a long way since then. For starters, there is no blizzard in sight, rather it's 67 degrees and sunny today. I am a solid 50 pounds lighter and that big bump I was hauling around is now a crazy, giggly 9 month old. Our house is wonderful and we are hoping to do an addition soon to make it even better. I know more than one person's phone number in this town and we have lots of great friends.
It's crazy how in one short year things can change so drastically and in such positive ways, even when you never thought it was possible to survive in DODGE CITY KANSAS!!





I love this! We are coming up on our one year in Saskatoon and I feel the same way as you. I actually like it here and I never would have thought that would have been possible when I first heard we were moving to Saskatoon, Saskatchewan! Congrats on your anniversary!
ReplyDeleteAwwww, I LOVE your posts... but this one REALLY hit home!!! I'm hoping one year from now we will be able to talk of the wonderful blessings of friendship, babies, and of course... shedding a few pounds- just like you guys!!! WE MISS YOU!!!
ReplyDelete