Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Betsy's Mom Is Trying...

I am the type of person who knows their limits. Call it unadventurous, pessimistic, whatever you want. I have no desire to be a jack of all trades. I do not have closets full of old craft and hobby supplies that I used for awhile and lost interest in. I know what I am good at and stick with that. Quality over quantity is my motto. I don't know if this is a good or bad trait, but a trait of mine it is.

With that said, when the comments about my questionable photography skills started rolling in after people saw the blog, I thought the least I could do is try to take adequate pictures. I asked Santa for a new camera and I signed up for a photography boot camp.

After all, I have my limits because I do not like to be bad at things, so if I am going to have a blog with photos that people see, I want them to be better. I see this as an investment in my family's memories and I am willing to stretch my limits if it means I might have some nice pictures to look back on.

Hopefully 2011 will bring a blog full of pictures that are not blurry and full of red eye. Cheers to that!!

Photobucket
I learned about white balance. No more relying on the Auto setting and using the "evil" flash. The last one on the right is supposed to be correct...haha.

Photobucket
I took pictures of the Wichita version of Malibu Barbie in a parking garage with one florescent light and to my surprise, I didn't walk out of the class!!

Photobucket
For once the skin discoloration in a photo I took is not a result of my terrible photography ability. I just captured what I saw :-)

Photobucket
In case you hadn't gotten a good enough view of Betsy's teeth...she thought she would show you again.

1 comment:

  1. just read this post again and the wichita barbie made me laugh out loud! o.r.a.n.g.e.

    ReplyDelete